Monday, September 3, 2012

Capstone - Ideas


     For my capstone I want to do a documentary on a thoroughbred horse farm owned by M C Roberts.  He has a farm with a track located on the property and has anything from babies, to training horses to retired race horses that are now used as pony horses.  I want to capture every aspect to bring the horse farm to life.  I will be doing video primarily as well as a few stills along the way.  I will be going to horse races as well as filming on the farm.  I want to add certain views in the camera...the horse coming out of the shoot, the horses feet running away from the camera, the jockey getting on the horse to the horse running on the track.  
 
     Things that inspired me.  I love horses and wanted to show all the different aspects that maybe the average everyday person might not be able to experience.  He also has some cool exercise machines that the horses go on that would be interesting to the public.  He is knowledgeable in his sport and is passionate, not only about his horses, but for the sport as well.  

   

38 comments:

  1. I really like this idea and i look forward to seeing it!!!
    Brittney Parker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a really solid idea- can't wait to see the final result!

    emily marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you have it figured out. I don't care much for horses but i would be interested to learn just from reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your idea on the different types of shoots, also having stills of the horses. Great idea I'm looking forward to seeing your final project.

    Claire Barth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your idea. I found it to be an interesting subject, and I am very interested in seeing how it will look visually. You take great pictures so it should look great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked your idea from the first time I heard it in class. I love horses as well and to be able to work with them and make a documentary about how the life of a racehorse from beginning until retirement is really awesome. Can't wait to see it!

    Monica Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. That kind of reminds me of a video that I saw on yahoo awhile back. It was an interactive cafe where people could come in and drink coffee for free. But the catch was that they drink it in the cafe, because (knownst to them) they were on camera, and people at home could push a button that would move a table up and down and other things that mess with the patrons. I have no idea if you could do that with horses, like push a button, out pops a toy or a carrot or something. Just a random though.
    I know a few people who would love it already

    Billy Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great! Will the stills be incorporated within the doc or separate and framed when presenting?

    ReplyDelete